The Philip R. Lee Health Policy Fellowship Program
The Philip R. Lee Health Policy Fellowship Program enables the Philip R. Lee Institute for Health Policy Studies (Institute) to train a new generation of health policy and health services research leaders from diverse backgrounds. It acknowledges Dr. Lee whose life has been devoted to championing greater diversity in our health workforce, teaching and mentoring future health policy leaders, shaping and implementing health policies to improve health care and the health of all people, and fostering innovative health policy research through the establishment of the Institute for Health Policy Studies.
The specific course of study is tailored to the individual’s needs and career trajectory, while the Program provides an integrated curriculum of coursework, mentoring, and supervised research that emphasizes learning-by-doing in a multidisciplinary environment.
Head over to this link to read more about the background and history of the program.
HOW TO APPLY
- A current CV
- Statement of interest: In a well-focused essay of approximately 500 words, please describe how participating in the PRL fellowship program will advance your career and professional goals. Your essay should (1) highlight the areas of health policy that most interest you and (2) be visionary and forward-looking, e.g. describe how the PRL fellowship will facilitate your future work and increase the impact of that work in the real world.
- Writing sample: The writing sample should reflect your ability to express original ideas. We prefer solo-authored writing samples. The writing sample does not need to focus on health or health policy, nor does the sample need not be published or even a sample of academic writing. Please do submit the sample that you feel best reflects your writing ability; we will request additional samples if needed.
- Three letters of recommendation. These can be submitted at the time of application, or can be emailed separately to Ashli Butler at email@example.com. If emailed separately, letters of recommendation must be submitted by the deadline.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
APPLICATION KEY DATES
- Application Deadline: January 31st.
- Notification of finalists to be interviewed: mid-February
- Interviews: March and April
- Selection of fellows: mid-May